South Ogden Memory Care
Alzheimer’s & Dementia care you can feel good about
Mountain Ridge encourages residents to participate in activities; enhance their joy, sense of accomplishment and satisfaction; and promotes their physical, emotional, social and spiritual well being. Mountain Ridge is uniquely suited to care for seniors with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. Learn more about our resident-centered care philosophy in our Generations Memory Care Program.
With specially designed and dedicated Alzheimer’s and memory care accommodations, Mountain Ridge ensures the comfort and security of you or your loved one. Each resident room has an emergency call system that ensures help is just the touch of a button away. Our on-site resident care professionals are always there to oversee the administration of medications, as well as other basic care needs.
The staff at Mountain Ridge are dedicated to caring for each resident as an individual. We take time to learn about your loved ones past life experiences, favorite activities and daily routine. This enables us to encourage independence, support the resident’s strengths and capabilities, and assist them with their needs in a loving and dignified manner.
- Highly trained and compassionate staff – peace of mind day & night
- Person-centered care – individualized way of life
- Focus on what the resident “Can Do” – promotes independence
- Physical, spiritual and social wellness – whole person well-being
- Individualized and large group event situations – socialization choices
- Beautiful interior courtyard – fresh air to clear the mind
- Well-structured outdoor exploration and purposeful outings – life beyond community living
- Choice of daily life activities – catering to personal preferences to enjoy each day
- Family socials and partnerships – continued bonding with loved one and team members.
- Restaurant-style dining – balanced & consistent quality meals
- Refreshments and snacks available – maintaining hydration & regular eating habits
- Full-time concierge – attention at all times
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry – hassle free lifestyle
- Life Journey Assessment – life achievements matter
- Community support group – continued support for you
- Effective approach to redirecting and way-finding assistance – eases frustrations
Specialized Generations Care Program
Resident-centered care is at the cornerstone of the Generations Memory Care Program. Caregivers, staff and the management team are specially trained to focus on the strengths of each person and to understand a resident’s preferences, accomplishments and family ties.
With Alzheimers and other forms of dementia on the rise, finding quality care can be a challenge. Recognizing this challenge, Mountain Ridge Assisted Living developed a new program designed specifically to meet the needs of residents with memory loss. Based on years of experience caring for Alzheimers and dementia residents, Mountain Ridge Assisted Living’s Generations Program partners with family members and care providers to develop a framework that supports the individual, physical, emotional and spiritual needs of memory impaired residents.
Extensively developed by a team of experts in Alzheimers and dementia care, the Generations Program provides residents with an engaging lifestyle through compassionate care at the hands of highly trained staff. Each resident’s preferences and life story contribute to the individualized care and activities they partake in from daily activities to dining and specialized care by trained staff.
What Sets the Generations Program Apart
- Activities programs that enhance the lives and touch the heart of each resident
- Daily life activities that support independence
- A culture that promotes family involvement and teamwork
- Engaging the whole person through one’s life history and personalized activities
- Outdoor exploration and purposeful outings
- Complete wellness focus on each individual
- And family partnership and framework to enhance focus and understanding
The Generations dining experience nurtures the mind, body and soul and is a highlight of the day. Residents are seated with dining partners to promote social interactions and meaningful connections. Meals are served restaurant-style with freshly designed menus where it’s all about choices.
Whether nine or ninety, meaningful activities promote a sense of well being, provide enjoyment, maintain functioning levels and support independence. The daily program offers small and large group activities to appeal to each resident’s personal interests.
Taking care of those with memory loss takes a special caregiver. The Generations Program staff is specially trained to work with residents to make their lives better by enlisting in activities and care that promote self-esteem, laughter, fun and enjoyment of everyday life.
Caring for a family member with memory loss can be extremely difficult. When in a community that serves such residents, the tasks of caring for a loved one is shared by a number of dedicated individuals trained in Alzheimer’s and dementia and the family. With the knowledge that a loved one is well taken care of, caregivers can enjoy more fulfilling time together.